Monday, July 2, 2012

Quick and easy before we leave

Lucas and I are waking up at an ungodly hour tomorrow to get to Washington DC.
I tried to refrain from cooking because I was only home for two days but just couldn't help myself. My fingers got itchy this afternoon! I roasted a couple of chicken pieces and blended up one of my favorite treats, Brazilian cheese puffs! Have you ever been to one of those Brazilian steak houses? Where the cute guys carrying swords of meat stop and carve you a bit off? And they bring baskets of cheesy stretch apart goodness that I was convinced HAD to have gluten in them! They don't. Not at all. And they are as easy as adding eggs, milk, cheese, tapioca flour, salt and oil to the blender and then popping these babies in the oven.

2 cups of milk
8T butter
1/2 cup oil- canola or vegetable works best for me
2 cups of queso fresco
4 1/2 cups of tapioca flour (a little more sometimes, a little less others)
4 eggs
Salt to taste

Blend all this together till mostly smooth. Pour into mini muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes until golden. I can just about eat my weight in these, seriously.

I'm so distracted by them now I can't write the rest of this post. Have another 100 pounds of cheesy puffs to make and eat.
Here's what was left of my plate when I remembered to take a picture. I'm sure there will be tons of food making this week, blog at ya as soon as I'm reconnected with my man and whipping up some love in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment