Wednesday, October 3, 2012

BAM-A-RAMA!!! BBQ MEATBALLS, KIDS!!!

Ask Lucas what he wants for dinner and he can barely contain himself.  BBQ MEATBALLS! About two years ago I found this recipe on www.thePioneerWoman.com . It was around then that I thought running away and finding myself an Oklahoma cattle rancher sounded like a good idea too.  Luckily for me and my potential cowboy husband, I got over that but I continue to cook bbq meatballs. 

This isn't exactly high class eating, but it is comfort food at its best, and sometimes that's all you want and need.  I (of course) had to modify quite a bit, but that's because that's who I am.  And I hate chunks of onion. Enjoy, kittens.


Ingredients

  • FOR MEATBALLS
  • 2 pound Ground Beef
  • 1 pound Ground Pork
  • 1 cup Oats - my grocery store now has bulk GF oats, awesomesauce!
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 4-5 Tablespoons Very Finely Minced Onion - till you practically juice it!
  • 2 teaspoon Salt
  • Plenty Of Ground Black Pepper, to taste
  • _____
  • FOR COOKING MEATBALLS
  • Canola Oil
  • _____
  • FOR SAUCE
  • 1 cup Ketchup
  • 4 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons Vinegar - apple cider is my fave here
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
  • 4 Tablespoons (to 6 Tablespoons) Onion - completely pulverized!
  • 1 dash Tabasco or more...
  • 1Tablespoon Cumin

 

 

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all meatball ingredients. Use a scoop for even sized balls.
Brown meatballs in canola oil until just brown. Place into a baking dish that you have sprayed the hell out of with PAM because the sauce does NOT like to come off.
Combine all sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes and the brussels sprouts below.


No comments:

Post a Comment